Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Countdown- Day 7

Christmas Countdown- Day 7: Gifts for Foodies



Whether your love to cook or know someone who does, giving and receiving gifts for your kitchen isn't a bummer anymore.  There are so many great items out there, and if you're still finishing up your holiday shopping, here are some ideas to help you finish faster so that you can enjoy the upcoming week!

Dutch oven- I put this on my wishlist last year and my amazing brother bought it for me.  I don't know how I survived in the kitchen without this.  It's my essential braising tool and it's also great for making soups and chowders.
Tru Three Crock Buffet Slow Cooker- my parents got Sous and I this fabulous gift this year.  How do I know?  Because they gave it to us early.  Given our my love of hosting holiday gatherings, my parents decided to hook us up early and it paid off in a major way.  We had meatballs and sauce in one pot, pulled chicken in another, and  baked potato dip in the third.  Comes with three serving spoons and the pots pull out for easy cleaning in your dishwasher.  Takes up a lot of space, but keep the box and store it in a closet.
Pier 1 gingerbread man baking accessories- I bought these for myself for holiday baking.  Makes your kitchen look a little more festive and the price was very reasonable.  Picked up the measuring spoon set and the spoon rest.  I know I've said this before, but Christmas is simply NOT long enough!

Stemless wine glasses- this is a great gift for the entertainer on your list.  Easy to store, easy to clean, and a nice change-up from the traditional stemmies.


To go with the stemless wine glass?  A nice Houdini wine opener.  Kohls has these for a great price!

Gift cards- Even at-home chefs like to have a night out.  Grab them a gift card to their favorite restaurant.  Give them a night off and maybe they'll invite you over the next night for one of their dining-out-inspired creations! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment